Halloween 2010 is almost here and its time to start thinking about Halloween costume choices, decorations and parties.
Halloween will fall on a Sunday this year, which mean you have time to shop for candy and decorate your house. Halloween is time for kids and parents to get dress up and for the children to get free candy. So here’s some tips to keep Halloween safe.
- Make sure you look both ways before crossing the street.
- Walk in well lite areas.
- Let your children know not to cut through back alleys and fields if they are out alone.
- Never go to a strangers house with your parents permission.
- Instruct your children not to eat any treats until they bring them home to be examined by you.
- Tell your child to never go into the home of a stranger or get into their car. Explain why!
- If you are an older kid or young teen, and going out with friends, make sure that your parents know where you are going and who you are going with.
- Costumes should be made of flame retardant material.
- If your child is wearing a mask, make sure that the eye holes are big enough to see not only in front but peripherally as well.
- Make sure that your costume fits properly to avoid any accidents like tripping over a long dress or cape.
- If you and your child are going out with a group, make their costume a unique one so you can spot them easily in a crowded area.
- Carrying a prop such as a scythe or sword, make sure they are made out of a flexible plastic
- Vandalism is never cool!
Remember be safe and Happy Halloween from all of us here at Wonderbrains.