Are you looking for a few ideas to hold your sanity in tact until warmer weather arrives? Even if you are already seeing signs of Spring, these are great activities in ANY kind of weather!
- Let’s go on a treasure hunt! Hide a treasure somewhere outside, then leave a trail of colorful aquarium rocks, bread crumbs or even cereal for them to follow to find it. If there’s snow around, the edible trail idea will be great for hungry animal-friends! Too chilly for those little bodies? Create a treasure hunt indoors!
- Become a weather bug! Have your child monitor the weather each day by writing or drawing what he or she sees. Make a journal or chart of the changes in your local weather, and see if your child can predict what might happen the next day.
- If you are in an area still covered with snow, fill a few squirt bottles with colored water and bundle those kids up. Have them spray the snow to create fantastic works of art right there on the ground!
- If springtime storms are starting to make an appearance, have your child create a picture with watercolor markers on a piece of posterboard or even a paper plate. When the rain comes, place the drawing outside and watch what happens.
- Create an indoor snowman…make good use of those styrofoam packing peanuts be drawing an outline of a snowman on a piece of heavy paper. Have your child glue packing peanuts all over the snowman, then embellish with spare buttons, scrap material, twigs, bottle caps or whatever goodies you have just sitting around!